Old 09-08-2019, 02:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Melons in New England

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 17:37:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

? 2006?6?9???? UTC-7??2:41:59?General Schvantzkoph???
I have a fair amount of room left over in my garden so I'm looking for
something else to grow. I have several dozen tomato plants, green
peppers, herbs, and strawberries. I was thinking that melons of some sort
might be nice but I don't know if there is enough time left in the growing
season or if it is even possible to grow them in New England
(Massachusetts, near Lowell and Nashua). Anyone have any recommendations?

Wait until next season for melons. They need a long time.

If you want something ready in 3 weeks, though, plant radishes. We're
on the 4th round of planting them here this season. Damn near
foolproof and quite tasty. French breakfast are a favorite type.