Old 26-04-2003, 02:23 PM
Sean Carroll

Default tomato existed before the potato tomato? Solanum or Lycopersicon potato was a mutated

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 02:32:00 -0600, Archimedes Plutonium
wrote:

I do not have proof of that claim. For I think the genome of the potato and
tomato plants are decades away from obtaining and the comparing of those
2 genomes. The wild potato and wild tomato not the hybridized domestic
stocks.

But I think I can make the claim from commonsense reasoning.

'Common sense is the collection of unexamined prejudices that the mind
picks up before the age of 18.' --Albert Einstein

--Sean
http://www.livejournal.com/users/spclsd223/