Old 18-08-2019, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Slugs spinning a thread

We were sitting under our arbor, when we noticed an odd object spinning
in front of us, and it turned out to be a small brown slug dangling by
a thread that it was spinning. It descending at a few millimetres a
second until it hit something, by which time the thread was c. 1m long.
That was new to us, and I am at a loss to know how to search for it,
as the obvious words merely pick up the gun nuts' witterings.

Any clues appreciated.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.