Old 21-08-2019, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Disaster in the flower patch, 2019

On 21/08/2019 17:40, Another John wrote:
Chris and Martin: thanks for your advice. She's doing everything right,
but your comments and recommendations on planting a little later could
well prove useful: thanks a lot!

It has been a weird year for growing things. I have had my entire eating
apple crop fail to set fruit at all. But the usually very tetchy Nashi
pear has a bumper crop as does the cooking apple. Other growers nearby
similarly affected so not just me in a frost pocket.

I can only assume we had a particularly vicious frost at the wrong time.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown