Old 24-08-2019, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Mildew

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 21:26:09 Jeff Layman wrote:

On 23/08/19 20:40, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 20:15:26 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

Is it my imagination, or is it particularly widespread this year? I
have
it on snow peas, sweet peas, deciduous berberis, and even a deciduous
azalea.

Dry weather? Try watering them?

Yes, it has been extremely dry here, and I've just come in from an
hour's watering (the six-months total rainfall since the beginning of
the year is 150 - 250mm depending on which local Wunderground location
I look at)! Since the beginning of June I've put around 40000 litres of
water on the garden. I'm not looking forward to my next water bill!

It's just that the mildew seems to be affecting plants I've not seen it
on before (such as the azalea). I was wondering if anyone in other dry
areas is experiencing the same thing?

Yes, it's hit my vines badly despite spraying, both here in Normandy and
in Reading. But it's extremely localised. A bad patch here and there, so
not all vines are affected.

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France