Old 31-08-2019, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default What to do?

Martin Brown wrote:

On 30/08/2019 17:55, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 17:35:14 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

One suggestion was to dig out a narrow strip of the lawn and
replace is with gravel/stones. We do have this elsewhere but I
find the stones get onto the grass and could damage the mower.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily about the health of the mower
unless it is a cylinder one. The worst that happens is a stone gets
catapulted out from under the cutting deck at high speed.

How closely have you looked at the blade? IME contact with stones
and pebbles soon damages the cutting edge.

I would go with a narrow border and some climbers - they don't
all spread uncontrollably.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK