Old 04-09-2019, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Just some garden talk

T wrote:
On 9/3/19 5:11 PM, T wrote:
OnÂ*theÂ*CaliforniaÂ*(Anaheim)Â*pepperÂ*front,Â*la stÂ*yearÂ*aÂ*got
aboutÂ*ten.Â*Â*MaxÂ*wasÂ*aboutÂ*threeÂ*inches.Â*Â* ThisÂ*year,Â*IÂ*have
aÂ*bumperÂ*crop.Â*Â*AndÂ*bigÂ*onesÂ*too!

You should taste the scrambled eggs I make with these
peppers too!

yay! i'm glad things finally worked out for
those. good peppers are heaven on earth.

if you have more than you can eat, they are good
if you roast them on a pan in the oven and then you
can pack them in pint jars and freeze (i don't like
plastic so i don't like freezer bags or other plastic
containers). make sure to leave about an inch and a
half of head space so there is room to expand during
freezing.

roasting will reduce the volume by about half but
it makes them so sweet and i like the bit of char on
them. i don't bother peeling them after they are
roasted, but some people do. i just chew 'em... a
bit of extra fiber doesn't hurt.

roasting them on the grill would be good, but we
don't have a grill here...

songbird