Old 05-09-2019, 12:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Just some garden talk

On 9/4/2019 7:38 PM, T wrote:
On 9/4/19 6:35 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:

Â*Â* i have never put oregano into chili.Â*

It is a substitute for cumin.Â* The wife has
a two step allergy (two steps and you're dead)
to members of the coriander family (cumin,
cilantro, etc.)Â* It is scary.

And it looks like I am starting to get some roots on
my Choke Berry clipping.Â* And right where I cut off
the leaves, as Songbird predicted.

Â*Â* is it in water or in potting soil?

In a water bottle.Â* I was wondering if I should add anything to
the water other than the original growth hormone I added

Â*Â* i've liked the yellow ones we've grown here before
but no cherry tomatoes this season.Â* just the beefsteaks.

I can't grow big tomatoes as I can not
afford a back hole to come in and dig me
a 6 foot deep and wide and back fill with
top soil.Â* Every time I have tried, I wind
up with blossom rot.Â* The lady at the university
extension explained the matter to me, so I have
stuck with cherries, which I am very successful at.

:-)

Thought it was fungus that required basically fresh land to avoid and
blossom end rot was just calcium deficiency. I've dealt with both.