Old 23-09-2019, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Garden Rotation

In article
Hul Tytus writes:
Where are you? I'm in the Ohio river valley and if you drop a seed,
you have to be careful to step aside.

I'm near-by (Miami Valley, Dayton-ish), but not quite that fortunate
on soil. We're on a post-WW2 (therefore, topsoil scraped) suburban
plot.

But after 10-ish years of mulch, with the remnants tilled in early
spring, Shallow rooted stuff does pretty well. As do tomatoes,
though I give them some help at setting out.

Not sure it is up to growing something hungry like corn, but my
wife has a corn pollen allergy, so that point is moot.

I had a couple years of gardening at a near-by 1905 house, and the
soil was absolutely amazing. The neighborhood, not so much.

--
Drew Lawson So risk all or don't risk anything
You can lose all the same