Old 28-09-2019, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default berry bush pruning question

On 9/25/19 7:21 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 10:17:14 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hi All,

My four Goji berry plants are getting to look a bit shaggy.

I have noticed that the new growth has berries that
are three to four times as large as the old grow.

When the bushes go deciduous in the winder, would pruning
them be a good idea? And are there any special methods
to follow when pruning?

Many thanks,
-T

Not sure about Goji plants but my blackberries only bear on two-year-old stalks. Same with grapes and apples.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you!

My Goji are first year fruiters. (What??? Not a
real word?? I can sure tell you don't work for
marketing!)

Oh your two year fruiters, if you cut back a branch
and it regrows, does the regrowth wait another two
years or does it fruit right away because it was part
of a two year branch?

-T