Old 10-10-2019, 03:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default organic matter ???

T wrote:
On 10/9/19 8:55 AM, songbird wrote:

I had a little frog for a time last year!

that's fantastic! do you know what species it
was?

No clue. He did not come back this year.

aww. well keep at it. every bit of shade,
cover and moisture you can provide gives them
more places to be.

we've had some toads here for the first time
in several years and i was so hoppy to see
them when they were so tiny and then i would
see them around later as they kept growing.

i've seen a few different species of frogs
here this summer, including one i don't recall
seeing before and then i forgot to look it up
while the image was fresh in my mind so not
sure i could find it now if i looked. perhaps.
a good project for a few minutes. thanks
for reminding me.

Had a praying Mantis this year!

those are always so interesting, like aliens,
can you imagine what they would be like if they
could live longer than just a season and keep
reproducing!?

i used to keep them in a terrarium with the
venus flytraps for a while to observe and feed
them and then i would let them go. usually
they were the green ones. here at this place
we have both the green and brown varieties.

songbird