Old 10-10-2019, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Indoor Hyacinth's

I bought and planted up my indoor hyacinth's a couple of weeks
ago. At the time the garden centre gave me a paper about
growing them indoors.

Well, today I read it, and found according to them I've been
doing it wrong for the last 50+ years!

I am supposed to plant then in pots with drain holes, where as
I've always used (mainly plastic) pots and never seemed to have
any problems.

Why? Is this a new fad, some one not knowing what they are
doing, or a sales ploy to sell more pot?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales