Old 10-10-2019, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New greenhouse -- what's a good make?

On 10/10/19 18:30, Another John wrote:
Hello all,

As the Subject says I'm think of renewing our greenhouse, which is long
past its best. It's bare aluminium, 8'x6', and was being thrown out by
our neighbour when we got it 15-20 years ago.

What is a good make? The choice is enormous! I don't want to spend a
fortune on any kind of "Gucci" job, but I'd like a high quality one. I
would assemble it myself.

It sounds mundane, perhaps, but would B&Q be a good place to start
looking? I'm after a 10'x6, and perhaps one of those nice-looking
(powder coated??) green ones would be nice.

TIA for your opinions
John

I got a Halls 8 x 14 Magnum 7 years ago from South West Greenhouses. I
had excellent service from them. They erected it too. Mine was in plain
aluminium, but you can get it in green.
https://www.swgreenhouses.co.uk/hallsmagnumgreenhouse.html

The greenhouse has been fine, standing up to strong winds without
problem. The only thing I would add is that toughened glass is essential
IMHO. Other extras are up to you.

--

Jeff