Old 11-10-2019, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default New greenhouse -- what's a good make?

On 10/10/2019 18:30, Another John wrote:

It sounds mundane, perhaps, but would B&Q be a good place to start
looking? I'm after a 10'x6, and perhaps one of those nice-looking
(powder coated??) green ones would be nice.

Isn't bare aluminium the best choice? An oxide layer forms on the
surface protecting the rest of the metal.

You may have to watch that any powder coated item isn't steel.

In my experience powder coating is often like a plastic layer that
sometimes doesn't fully bond to the item it covers. After a few years
hairline cracks appear and water gets in under the coating. At best it
causes the coating to flake off and at worst it traps water so if it's
covering steel it rusts beneath the coating.