Old 09-11-2019, 01:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default brr!

So far this fall, we've had pleasant-enough weather, even a bit too
warm for some folks. Despite a few cooler nights, days have been in or
very near low-to-mid 80's. Today, though, a so-called "cold front" is
slowly passing through, bringing intermittently overcast skies, slightly
increased chances for rain and a vague hint of cooler temperatures for
the weekend and/or early next week
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...40243931149797.
We're still a couple of months from freezing temperatures, although,
much to our surprise, they have come as early as December.

i'm not sure if any of this coming cold snap will make it
all the way down there, but 11F is pretty cold this early
here. ah, i see, you'll have a 42F degree difference between
us and down there. no frost in that forecast for that night.

No fall garden in yet, although, there's still time for spinach,
turnips, mustard, carrots, onions and (maybe) peas. I'll probably plant
the peas, anyway, despite the "maybe. The yield will be determined, in
no small part, by the onset of freezing overnight temperatures. In that
department not even The Shadow knows. Clearing the area and preparing
the beds has become a (I hope) surmountable obstacle. Not to place
inordinate emphasis on one's infirmities but much of the time my left
arm, hand and fingers seem to be wired into someone else's nervous
system. Dr. Strangelove, indeed....

i hope you can manage it no matter what. nothing i'm
doing is critical now but it would be nice to have more of the
project done before winter sets in.

i did get a new camera at last so that will be something to
work with this winter. i even splurged for a macro lens so i
can get pics of tiny things if i want. much to learn and have
fun with along with getting things set up so i can get decent
pictures of the beanos.

songbird