Old 09-11-2019, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default brr!

On 11/9/2019 7:16 AM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Sunny here now too , after a couple of days of soaking rain . Last
night's low was in the mid-20's here , pretty frosty ! I just calculated
how much firewood I have now , with what I just split and stacked I'm
right at 5 cords now . Hope that's enough , they say mild temps and wet
winter here but I don't believe them ... Time to plant some garlic !

we have next Tues evening forecast to get down to 11F.

today is supposed to be around 40F and partly sunny
later. windy. ugh.

i don't think i'm going to get work done on the project
as i'd like because it is snowing out at the moment. just
a little dusting, but that makes it too slippery out there
and dangerous as i have to walk along a sloped edge of weed
barrier and black plastic to wheel the barrow.

it would be nice to get the project further along but i'm
just not in the mood for fighting the cold and the wind.

songbird

Â*Can't say as I blame you ... as soon as the frost melts I'll be
heading out to load up my trailer with more fire wood . This gig has
been very very good for my wood pile , gotten around 2 cords from this
lady's property and a lot easier than from my woods . The final tree was
a monster white oak , 30+" at the base . Not real tall but very full
since it was out alone . By the time I finish this one I'll be well over
my goal of 5 cords by Thanksgiving .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old