Old 22-11-2019, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian Jackson Ian Jackson is offline

Default Hedge trimmers

In message , Vir Campestris
writes
The one I've got makes a really fast job of a light cut. But whenever
it meets something meaty it just stalls - which happens annoyingly
enough, especially during the winter cut back (I try not to trim much
in summer because of the birds nests)

I just borrowed another - and it's the same.

Both of them move their cutters really fast - then stall on anything big

Does anyone make one with a lower gear? I'd accept a couple of minutes
more on the hedge so I didn't have to keep stopping and getting the
secateurs out.

Must be battery.

Andy

I've got one with a 'jog' function when it stalls - ie instead of just
stopping, it goes 'chunk-chunk-chunk'. It only has something like a 9"
blade - and while it's only meant for light trimming work, it does put
in a fair effort with the slightly tougher stuff. Can't remember what
make it is, but can find out in the morning.
--
Ian