Old 24-11-2019, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Hedge trimmers

On 23/11/2019 15:29, Andy Burns wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:

The one I've got makes a really fast job of a light cut. But whenever
it meets something meaty it just stalls

I have a makita which claims to cut a whisker under an inch, no doubt it
depends on the variety of wood, but it complains on hawthorn less than
that, but it does have a "reverse" function to untangle itself.

I'd prefer it not to accept anything it won't cut...

Will cross post this. See you over there ---

Andy