Old 25-11-2019, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedge trimmers

On 24/11/2019 10:23, Andy Burns wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Vir Campestris wrote:

Bosch make decent hedge trimmers that do eventually wear out but will
cut 20mm stems provided you are able to handle it.

Must be battery.

That rules out almost any kind of workable option.

Are you au fait with modern 18V brushless tools and 5Ah batteries?

The makita trimmer I mentioned, spec says it will cut 24.5mm

For quarter of an hour at time. My hedge takes about 2 hours to cut. All
the battery powered hedge trimmers I have ever used were clumsy and
ineffective. At least with lithium batteries they will be a bit lighter
but a mains powered hedge trimmer is still my preference.

Battery technology has improved enormously but hedge cutting require
real grunt and that quickly ends up with hot batteries that die young.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown