Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default cabbage

On 2019-11-24 04:26,
wrote:
On Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 6:39:57 AM UTC-5, T wrote:
Is cabbage hard to grow?

Zone 6B
No, the only problem I've had is with cabbage moth worms. They will wipe out a plant in days. Fortunately, Bt will solve the problem with regular applications.

what is Bt?

There are many strains of Bt, generally they are specific to larvae of certain species. Dipel is specific to larvae of the genus Lepidoptera (moths and some butterflies). There are strains specific to potato beetle and mosquito larvae as well.

Â* There's even one that works very well on wax moths in my bee hives .
Those wax moths will really mess up the comb if they get ahead of the
bees .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old