Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default likely it for the season

On 12/7/2019 10:49 AM, songbird wrote:
wrote:
T wrote:

It is the waiting part that gets me. I don't know
how farmers do it.

They occupy themselves worrying about money.

life a frugal life.

when you have a good year, stash some away. when you
have a bad year, rough it as much as you can so you
don't get into your stash. after a few years you have
enough to invest. keep doing this. within 20yrs you
can retire if you keep living a simple life.

children and wife, complicates things, but put 'em
to work if they get too complacent or spoiled.

songbird (not a farmer

Â* Reminds me of the story about the Iowa farmer who won a million
dollar lottery . When asked what he was planning on doing now that he
was a millionaire he replied "I reckon I'll just keep on farmin' until
it's all gone." .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old