Old 09-12-2019, 06:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bloke Down The Pub Bloke Down The Pub is offline

Default cabbage

On 2019-11-24 05:16, songbird wrote:
if you don't like turnips why would you grow cabbage?

Hi Songbird,

I LOVE cabbage, not the flavor free blue type.

I CAN'T STAND turnips. YUK! YUK! YUK!

Speaking of turnips, Burpee is bragging about there new
variety: Silky Sweet

https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/tu...-sweet-hybrid-

prod500775.html

Hmmmm: a sweet turnip. I would probably hurl.

bok choi may work if cabbage does not.

Chinese cabbage. 1 cup: glycemic load of 1. Perfect.
I am not finding the actual carbs as folk are doing that
fraudulant "net carb" garbage on it, but if it is
similar to regular cabbage, it woud be around 5 grams
per cup, which is also perfect.

I have to get some at the store and see how
it tastes.

Do these annoying pests go after Chinese cabbage too?

If you like Chinese cabbage, you might want to take a look
at a variety called Vitamina. It's fast-growing and loves
cool weather.

It's an upright-growing napa cabbage type I found at
Kitazawa seeds.

Nyssa, who would grow it more often if her neighbors would
help eat some of it, but they don't care much for Asian
vegetables

With enough Chinese/Napa cabbage you have the makings of pots and pots of
KimChi.

Mike