Old 19-12-2019, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raised Beds

On 19/12/2019 13:59, Bob Hobden wrote:
I get the distinct feeling that there are a growing number of veg
growers that think raised beds are a must have. On GW and others it
seems Raised Beds are normal when, of course, they are not and only
need to be used for specific purposes. Who here uses raised beds and
why?

I don't have raised beds with hard margins, but I've been raising the
level of the beds on my allotment to give a greater depth of topsoil,
and to improve drainage (raise the surface above the water table).

--
SRH