Old 27-12-2019, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Roses bloominmg on Christmas Day?

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:

Surprisingly little in my West Cornwall garden. A few late-flowering
red Kaffir lilies (Schizostylis coccinea major), and one camellia (C.
Jap. High Hat, pale pink, been in flower since late October and will
go on until March/April. The textbooks say it's 'early', Feb-March,
but nothing about the previous October!).

Even less in my Cambridge one. Viburnum farreri, Jasminum nudiflorum
(both usual), but not even Chaenomeles x superba (which is surprising).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.