Old 28-12-2019, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ALE PLANT

Chris Hogg wrote:

At the end of the week, the water was strained
off, diluted, possibly a little more sugar added, and bottled in
screw-top bottles. After a few days it was very nice fizzy ginger
beer.

In the 70's we too had a ginger beer 'plant' one year dad took a dozen
Corona bottles of it with us on holiday to Cornwall, stood in the bottom
of the wardrobe of the caravan ... I'm sure you can all guess how that went?