Old 02-01-2020, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default ALE PLANT

On 28/12/2019 10:32, Jenny M Benson wrote:
Nearly apoplectic, Grannie uttered the oft-remembered and shocking line
"Frank!Â* Get that ... BLOODY thing out of here!"Â* It was the only time I
ever heard Grannie swear.

I tried making some ginger beer when I was young. (Not alcoholic enough
to be dangerous) First batch was good. Second was a bit iffy. Third
batch - well, I unscrewed the top in the kitchen, one of those old screw
into the bottle type I haven't seen in years.

As I broke the seal a jet of foam left the bottle and hit the kitchen
cupboards several feet away. I don't recall it being a parabola either -
just flat...

My mum wasn't pleased

Andy