Old 03-01-2020, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default ALE PLANT

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 17:40:46 Vir Campestris wrote:

On 28/12/2019 10:32, Jenny M Benson wrote:
Nearly apoplectic, Grannie uttered the oft-remembered and shocking
line "Frank!* Get that ... BLOODY thing out of here!"* It was the
only time I ever heard Grannie swear.

I tried making some ginger beer when I was young. (Not alcoholic enough
to be dangerous) First batch was good. Second was a bit iffy. Third
batch - well, I unscrewed the top in the kitchen, one of those old
screw into the bottle type I haven't seen in years.

As I broke the seal a jet of foam left the bottle and hit the kitchen
cupboards several feet away. I don't recall it being a parabola either
- just flat...

I think a lot of us have done that. In my case, it hit the ceiling and
did a very good imitation of sweet, sticky rain.

My mum wasn't pleased

My daughter wasn't pleased but, bless her, although she was just
leaving, she stopped to clean everything up.

David