Old 13-01-2020, 12:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Confused Plants

On 1/12/2020 4:42 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 15:05:25 -0500, John McGaw
wrote:

So here I am in eastern Tennessee. In theory at least it is the dead of
winter. The problem is that the daffodils are now 4" high, the hyacinths
threaten to break through the mulch, and the crocus is doing the same. The
forsythia is blooming, as are some of the creeping phlox and periwinkle.
There is no climate change -- the Great Orange God has told us that it is
just a Chinese hoax. Will somebody please tell the plants?

Here in southern Ontario, about 6 years ago, we had a warm snap
late Feb. early March ? and the fruit trees came into bud -
maybe even open bud - then a hard freeze.
No apples that year for me :-(.
John T.

Happens here in Delaware maybe every 5 years with peach trees.