Old 26-01-2020, 03:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Buttercup Squash

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 2:49:52 PM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
We also planted Tokyo Blue, which we've never had before. Apparently they have a blue squash festival in Japan when these ripen. I'll post a review when we try some.

how were these?

The Tokyo Blue were very similar to the Buttercup in taste and texture. The main physical difference was the color of the skin, more of a blue-green than true blue. Also, the Tokyo Blue seemed more spherical. The Buttercup produced significantly more fruits per plant so we'll do those in the coming garden season as opposed to the Tokyo Blues.

i hope it goes well! as usual i'm daydreaming this time of the
year about what i want to do this coming planting season.

have you ever grown Red Kuri squash?

songbird

Not yet but I told my wife about them and she ordered some seeds for this year.

Paul