Old 17-02-2020, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Early/Late Harvest, and Some Dumb Luck

As is unfortunately too common for me, last year the garden got
away from me in the fall. Overwhelmed, I pretty much walked away.

So this weekend I finally got to the clean-out that I should have
been doing in November. In the course of clearing the dead plant
cages, I discovered that neither the birds nor the squirrels have
any interest in the black beans (Trail of Tears).

So now I have 5 cups of unexpected beans and am web surfing baked
bean recipes.

They are *mostly* black beans. Apparently the near-by blue lake
vines wandered into the cages. So I have 1:200 or so white beans.

I'll deal. And not plant them close to each other next time.

--
|Drew Lawson | Mrs. Tweedy! |
| | The chickens are revolting! |