Old 02-03-2020, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Primrose Primrose is offline

Default Bulleti beans

snipped

Have you tried soaking them overnight in a bowl of water?

I already put boiling water on, let it cool, throw it away and repeat
until the water is clear - this helps to reduce wind.

I expect that you already know this but it is not advised to add salt
when cooking the beans. You can add it later to taste but not while
cooking as it toughens them up.

I do. No salt.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Well that is a mystery to me, you want Heston Blumenthal on your case,
he loves a challenge.;-)

I read somewhere that hard water can cause beans to be a bit tough but I
can't really believe that as I've cooked beans for years and I live in a
hard water area!
--
I'm a sew and sow!