Old 10-03-2020, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default What veg to grow

On 10 Mar 2020 12:02, Pwllgloyw wrote:
I've gained an extra piece of garden for some vegetables. Trouble is, it
is only about 9ft wide and is surrounded on 2 sides by 5/6ft fences and
on another side by a garage. The only open aspect faces NNE, so I'm
wondering what I could grow at the back of the area against the fence.
I've got fruit along the garage wall, which means a bird net over the
whole area, so something like runner beans is not really practical.

Are there any vegetables that I could grow that will grow well without
any sunlight getting on them?

Thanks

PS This newsgroup seems to be dying for some reason, what do people use now?

We have grown Courgettes in a shady area. I presume people have
migrated to forums etc but I'm with Nick on them, not found one I
liked. Even worse on Alt.Fan.Landrover, used to be very active and
helpful, dead now.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden