Old 16-03-2020, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Moby Grape Tomato

On 2020-03-16 13:41, songbird wrote:
Exactly. That leave only one month for fruit bearing.

that's not been a problem here. tomatoes we plant at
the end of May will be started on picking by mid to
late August, the next few weeks are busy. sometimes
we have green fruits left when the frosts come but that
is ok as they ripen inside sitting on a table. a
few might rot, but enough are still good.

90-110 days is plenty for about everything i grow
with the exception of new varieties that i don't know
about yet.

The growing season is so short around here it is
very frustrating.

Last year I had two yellow something or other cherry
tomatoes that where suppose to mature in 70 days. They
had tons of fruit on them, but they did not ripen until
two days before the first freeze. I must have lost
over 300 cherries.

Now I will only grow the sweet 100's are they mature
and ripen really quickly really