Old 16-03-2020, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Moby Grape Tomato

On 2020-03-16 13:41, songbird wrote:
And the difference i taste between full circle produce
and meat is striking. A guy around here that grows
full circle turkeys is bough out FIVE YEAR in advance!

probably what you are calling full circle is what i
would consider permaculture - there's a lot of different
names for some similar techniques. good thing it doesn't
matter what we call them as long as they work.

Permaculture sounds like the consept.

I tried to look up Full Circle for yo but there are
so many businesses/farms that use the name, I could
not find a reference

Basically is the way you treat the land and rotate
animals through it. You are basically growing grass.

1) grow grass and rest the rest for a year
2) cowes eat the grass and poop
3) sheep/goats finish off the grass and poop
4) turkeys eat the bugs/paracites in the poop and don't
catch the parasites that chickens do and they poop
5) run chickens after the turkeys do their thing and poop
6) ducks are in there somewhere, but I forgot where and poop
7) plow the poop under and grow vegitables
8) grow grass and rest the land for a years, which completes
the full circle

The idea is to a lot of plots in different stages.
And to realize that the plants depend on the animals
and the animals depend on the plants.