Old 26-03-2020, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Mail order seeds - quick turn round?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
"alan_m" wrote in message ...

On 26/03/2020 08:53, David wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 19:09:41 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 24/03/2020 16:28, alan_m wrote:
On 24/03/2020 13:11, David wrote:
Part of the panic buying seems to have included selected seeds.
Mainly tomatoes and courgettes, apparently.
Brassicas not so much.

So I am contemplating mail order.
Has anyone ordered seeds recently and had a fast turn round?

Top of the list is a yellow courgette, and Burpless Tasty Green
outdoor cucumber.

I have 1 plant order and 2 for seeds. I've had automatic order
acknowledgments but after a week no indication that anything has been
shipped.

Update Someone must have been reading my comment above. I've had 3
emails in the past few hours all indicating that the orders have been
dispatched.

Supplier?

I used ebay for the seeds - which are claimed to have been posted but
haven't turned up yet. However I'm not sure that we are receiving any
post. Unless posting from home or perhaps a small family business I
doubt in these times that there is anyone at work to dispatch. A few
Ebay listings that I've seen now indicate that dispatch will only take
place after the government lift social isolation restrictions.

The plants were from David Austin (roses) and arrived in good condition,
well packed by courier the next day. Their on-line store is now closed
due to Covid-19.

====

We have ordered a few things through Amazon (not seeds) but nothing has
arrived at all!!