Old 04-05-2020, 01:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Muggles[_8_] Muggles[_8_] is offline

Default Possible freeze. To water or not to water?

On 2020-05-03 13:43, T wrote:
Hi All,

I am not suppose to plant/transplant until the first week
in June.Â* We have been having a lot of hot weather, so
I decided to jump the gun and get an extra month of
cherry tomatoes and California peppers, so I transplanted.

Problem, tomorrow is suppose to dip to 30F.Â* I may have
to replace all my plants.

To water or not to water?Â* Which is best in this circumstance?
Guess moist soil would not spur bacteria growth that would
warm it above freezing?Â* Like wet hay?

I have nothing to cover them with

Many thanks,
-T

Read the weather report wrong.Â* The 30F is tonight.

Do you have any plastic trash bags or plastic walmart bags to cover the
plants with?

--
Maggie