Old 09-05-2020, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Pollinators

On 09/05/2020 19:09, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

Large numbers of honey bees and other bees (bumblebees and other
solitary bees) here in Hampshire. Also lots of butterflies. In the last
few days I've seen a Brimstone, aÂÂ* couple of Large Tortoiseshells, and a
couple of Holly Blues

Nottinghamshire this morning I saw some cabbage whites, orange tips and
a cinnabar moth, plenty of big bumble bees, only a couple of ladybirds.

Very few here, near Cambridge. I blame the long, wet winter.

Also near Cambridge I don't think I've ever seen so many orange tips
before (OTOH I'm taking more local walks than usual!) also seen quite a
few brimstones, small tortoiseshell, and any number of bees. Including
the ones that are gradually dismantling our chimney, and will have to go

Today saw what I think was a cinnabar moth - unless it was a burnet. I'm
not an expert.

Andy