Old 14-05-2020, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pwllgloyw[_2_] Pwllgloyw[_2_] is offline

Default Seed and cutting compost?

On 13/05/2020 15:34, David wrote:
I tend to use Multi-Purpose for everything, but my first lot of sowings of
small seeds look to be struggling a bit with the large particle size.

Do all seed and cutting composts have a smaller particle size, and does
this make a big difference?

Cheers

Dave R

I've noticed recently that the multi-purpose I bought (Jack Magic from
Westland) has a lot of small stones in it, around 50mm so is probably no
use for seeds. Having bought 3 for 2, I'm stuck with it jsut for the
troughs and large pots