Old 14-05-2020, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Soaker hose

Jeff Layman wrote:

Anyone using or has used them? There seem to be varying reviews, perhaps
depending on the quality of the hose.

So any recommendations, or avoid at all costs?

I have a number of lengths which I bought from various ebay
suppliers over the years. They work pretty well as expected. The
material is a little fragile, and can split, especially if you
tread on it, and it gets more brittle with age.

I have a stock of straight joins for mending, but it can be quite
frustrating as you chase back along the pipe to a point that will
take the fitting without splitting.

I use mine with a Hozelock pressure reducer and timer.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1