Old 15-05-2020, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Soaker hose

On 14/05/2020 13:37, Jeff Layman wrote:
Anyone using or has used them? There seem to be varying reviews, perhaps
depending on the quality of the hose.

So any recommendations, or avoid at all costs?

I have tried various sorts, the ones that start flat and go round as
water pressure pushes down them are prone to kinking and growing over in
winter while not in use then not inflating the next year the solid road
stuff leak "Leaky Hose" works really well but does damage easily if you
are too enthusiastic with gardening next to it! I have it on battery
operated timings in the fruit cage and use it in newly planted areas

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall