Old 17-05-2020, 12:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Rollin' right along ... now

Snag wrote:
Well , here we are in mid-May , and it ain't so bad . We had like 3
frosts just a couple of days apart in mid/late April , and it looked bad
for a while . It got all the buds on many of our oak trees , my new
grape vines and the wild muscadines , and some tomato seedlings that I
had on the deck (enclosed area) . So it goes , the grapes have new
leaves , I lost a couple of 'mater plants , and the Rose of Sharon on
the deck (open area) lost her buds .

i'm hoping the frosts are done for the season here.

i have peas up and growing and the strawberries are
flowering. i did replant some of the peas that did not
come up. 1 out or 11 had no peas at all sprout and
another had 3 out of 12 seeds sprout so i filled in the
rest to see if it was temperature related or it may be
the seeds were old (someone sent them to me so i guess
it happens).

we picked up the starts we need from the greenhouse
yesterday so we're ready to plant as soon as we can
get the plants hardened off. the vegetable gardens
are ready. at least most of them are. we're working
on removing some pathways now that are useless and
i have wanted to redo for many years. this will give
us more space to plant tomatoes. we're going to need
it.

songbird