Old 19-05-2020, 03:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Marigold Destruction

On 2020-05-17 04:31, RosemontCrest wrote:
3) Deer. It is common for deer to chomp the tops off flowers, taste
them,Â*thenÂ*discardÂ*themÂ*ifÂ*notÂ*tastyÂ*enough .Â*DeerÂ*haveÂ*noÂ*fearÂ*ofÂ*cats.

One of my customers uses a radio controlled toy car to
chase deer. Deer don't fear yip dogs either.

with a night scope and a flash bang of some kind
that could be fun. mini-tank with big bore spark
shooting noise maker.

in the end though a fence would be cheaper and
nice to keep the ticks away. we've already found
two deer ticks this year (not by them biting us)
in the house brought in on clothes after working
in areas where they come through the yard. i
wrap the lil buggers in a bit of toilet paper
and then chop them with scissors to make sure
they are dead. they're very hard to kill.

hunting them in the fall would be good if i
could bring myself to do it, but i'm not that
hungry yet.

songbird

We have the Lone Star (IIRC) also known as seed ticks here . Little
*******s have a mean bite and the irritation lasts for several days . I
find a light rap with a small hammer ends their miserable live quite
effectively . Playing the flame from a lighter does a good job too - for
extra fun hold the lighter on them until they pop .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old