Old 19-05-2020, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default "Weed and feed" - recommendations?

On Mon, 18 May 2020 10:08:05 +0100, nothanks wrote:

We've recently scarified the main areas of lawn (about 2500m2) so now
thoughts are turning to weed'n'feed, but is it too hot/dry and, if not,
which product to use?

Leaving it a bit late, perhaps, depending on area.
Which part of the country are you in?

North of a line from Liverpool to The Wash there seems to be enough rain
to water it in.

Forecast for East Anglia looks to be long term dry.
However you can use a lawn sprinkler to water it in if the forecast is dry.
I did this a little earlier in the year and although it took a couple of
evenings with the sprinkler the lawn is now looking green and growing
berserk.

Which? recommends:

Scotts Lawn Builder Lawn Food Plus Weed Control at 77%.
This for just weeds and feed.

For weed and moss killer plus feed:

Wilko Lawn Feed, Weed and Mosskiller 73%.

Evergreen Complete 4 in 1 69%.
[This is the one that I use.]

General recommendation is that for larger areas a granular treatment is
easier to apply than a liquid treatment.

Hope this helps.

Dave R