Old 20-05-2020, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Giant thistle - or what??

On 19/05/2020 17:08, Jim S wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2020 16:10:47 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

This has been growing for some time in the 'wild' part of my garden
(photo here):
https://ibb.co/TgtjQj7
It's presently around 4' 6" tall, and looks like a dark green spiky
thistle. However, there is no sign of any of the usual thistle seed
heads. Can anyone tell me what it really is?

Teasel?

No. They have more conventionally shaped leaves with smaller spikes on.

It is some sort of thistle. Probably blown in by the wind. It may well
be quite ornamental so long as you don't let the seeds fly again. Once
it is in flower post again and there is a good chance of identification.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown