Old 21-05-2020, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
april april is offline

Default Garden pond.

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 9:42:12 PM UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/05/2020 08:10, Bill Davy wrote:

I have found one newt.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/great-cr...s-and-licences

The orange colour is not diagnostic of species. Look at the pictures.

Andy

I have at least half a dozen newts in the bottom of the pond ( the water is clearing now and I can see them. OK so I am guilty as charged of upsetting their home. I need to re build it. I dont know what sort they are. According to YouTube it doesn't matter really as in this country they are all protected .

So, I have to get some plants pretty fast.

Can aquatic plants be bought online and sent to your house? Not sure where to go otherwise. No such places near me.