Old 22-05-2020, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Primrose Primrose is offline

Default Clematis problem!

On 22/05/2020 15:26, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2020 14:58:59 +0100, Primrose wrote:

Yesterday the flowers were very perky. We've had some really strong
winds today. I went out to water and noticed that some of clematis
flowers are wilting. Not all them are wilting just a few. Photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0bx7l3l9z...s_222.jpg?dl=0

Could it be the wind? The leaves look healthy enough.

Possibly wind; possibly dry at the roots (have you been watering it
regularly recently? Too much?); possibly clematis wilt (or as a
colleague used to say 'clematis wont').
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=125

Thanks for your reply, I have been out again and it looks like the
damaged flowers are directly in the wind the other side of the plants
are fine. I suppose I could find them all wilted tomorrow.

I just check to see if the soil is dry by digging my fingers into it.

--
I'm a sew and sow!