Old 22-05-2020, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Alfalfa as a landscape plant

On 5/21/2020 3:04 PM, bob prohaska wrote:
Just for fun I'm trying to propagate alfalfa as a landscape
plant. There seem to be a few feral plants along roadsides
that can stay green well into summer with no irrigation.
The flowers aren't spectacular, but pleasant to look at.

The goal is a low -(ideally, -zero) water groundcover around the
house that also fixes nitrogen. Pollinator habitat is a plus.

Anybody else tried it?

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Well, I've got safflower plants coming up in great numbers where the seeds
were dropped from the bird feeder and the squirrels, chipmunks, and
ground-feeding birds failed to pick them up. After I finally run out of
seed and the animals leave the area I'll have to figure out how to clean
out all of them along with the detritus from between the river rocks that
cover the area.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.