Old 27-05-2020, 11:03 AM
Breeze Breeze is offline
Registered User

Thanks Chris, I will check that out. Could the white core be because it's a sapling or a branch? I'm going back to the spot today to investigate more about the place I found it, see what other trees and shrubs are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hogg View Post
On Wed, 27 May 2020 07:46:21 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Tue, 26 May 2020 18:23:03 +0100, Breeze
EMOVE wrote:

Hello to all, I posted two years ago about another tree identification
and you were all wonderful! You identified the tree I had seen and I was
so happy to learn something new.

I have another mystery (to me). In my local woods I found a section of
broken branch and I brought it home in hopes of making a hiking stick
from it.

snipped details

I have posted the image he
http://tinyurl.com/y7xb7olq

I don't know the answer, but if it has a soft milky white core, that
suggests to me it's not a woody tree as such but possibly a fast
growing shrub or perennial.

PS: you may find something here tree identification | bark identification but
I couldn't immediately see yours. (There are four pages of tree barks
on that site, see the list at the top.) Some dogwoods and maples have
those striations running up the stems, e.g.
https://tinyurl.com/ybqjzdfq.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, very mild, sheltered
from the West, but open to the North and East.