Old 30-05-2020, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seed drill - clusters germinating but gaps

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Yes, but not typically in seed trays. If you discover a cause, please
let me know - I am still defeated after 40 years' of trying to find out!

Mostly it is statistical variations but sometimes there is a stone or
void under a bald patch that made it too dry or too wet. This year far
too dry. I'm actually seeing new leaves burned to a crisp in the
sunshine even on new leaves on the hedge never mind seedlings.

So am I, and that happens to me, but those are definitely NOT the main
cause in my case. In some cases, I suspect nematodes or keeled slugs;
naturally, I have no strong evidence.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.