Old 30-05-2020, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wilting Eryngium x zabelii 'Big Blue'.

I have a 3-years old Eryngium x zabelii 'Big Blue' which has collapsed.
I noticed a couple of days ago that one of the flowering stems (not yet
in flower) had turned back on itself as though it was suffering from
drought. I gave it some extra water, but it didn't help. An hour ago I
had another look and barely any of the plant is upright. Other plants
nearby are unaffected (including E. bourgatii and E. variifolium).

If it doesn't recover I'll dig it up and have a look. It's the sort of
thing I associate with vine weevil, but according to various refs they
almost never touch eryngiums.

Anyone seen anything like this in their eryngiums?

--

Jeff